Who can be a Big Brothers Mentor?
- Male, trans, and gender diverse individuals who are 18+.
- Inclusive and welcoming of Mentors of all sexual orientations.
- Reliability, consistency, dedication, and respectfulness of others.
What are the requirements?
- A one-year commitment to one-to-one mentoring.
- Able to meet weekly for 2-4 hours with a Mentee.
- Able to express care, challenge growth, provide support, share power, affirm identity, and expand possibilities with a child or youth.
Who are the Little Brother Mentees?
- Boys, trans, and gender diverse children and youth between the ages of 7 and 17 years old.
- Will benefit from having an additional caring adult role model in their lives.
Want to hear a volunteer's perspective?
We sat down with Big Brother Volunteer, Scott and learned about why he loves to spend his time volunteering with Big Brothers.