The In-School Mentoring Program provides supportive one-to-one mentoring relationships to children and youth during their school day.
Mentoring relationships build a connection through play-based activities. Each session is child-led, based on the mentee’s interests, and may include exploring the playground, cooking in the school kitchen, playing sports, or checking out arts & crafts and board games in our very own ‘Big & Little Activity Bins'.
Who can be a Mentor?
- Adults 18+, inclusive of male, female, trans, and gender diverse individuals.
- Inclusive and welcoming of Mentors of all sexual orientations.
- Reliability, consistency, dedication, and respectfulness of others.
What are the requirements?
- Available 1 hour per week during school hours (weekdays between 10am and 3pm).
- Available for the duration of a school year (excluding school breaks).
- Able to express care, challenge growth, provide support, share power, affirm identity, and expand possibilities with a child or youth.
Who are the Little Buddies?
- All grade 1-7 elementary students nominated by teachers or school staff, or self-nominated after learning of the program.
- Will benefit from having an additional caring adult role model in their lives.
Frequently Asked Questions