We want to extend our gratitude for your interest in volunteering for the Game On! program. Due to changes regarding in-person volunteer presence at schools and with our community partners across the Lower Mainland since the start of the global pandemic, we have been unable to offer Game On! at as many locations as we have in the past.
At this time, we are no longer accepting Game On! volunteer applications. When we re-open for new applications, this message will be removed from this page, and you'll be able to choose Game On! as an option in the application again.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Currently, we are still in high demand for Big Brother Community volunteers where Little brothers are waiting 3-4 years in some areas of the Lower Mainland for a Big Brother. If you consider becoming a Big Brother instead, you can learn more here or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Thank you for your support and patience, please be safe and take care!
Through fun physical activities and active play, complemented with balanced eating support and snacks, participants are engaged in life skills, communication, and social-emotional health discussions to encourage a life-long healthy lifestyle. Sessions are structured around four themes:
- Physical Activity
- Balanced Eating
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Communication Skills
Who can be a Mentor?
- Male, trans, and gender diverse individuals who are 18+.
- Inclusive and welcoming of Mentors of all sexual orientations.
- Reliability, consistency, dedication, and respectfulness of others.
What are the requirements?
- Can commit to two 8-week programs, over two school terms.
- Available to meet weekly for 90-minute sessions.
Who are the Little Buddies?
- Boys, trans, and gender diverse children and youth in grades 4-7.
- Will benefit from building self-confidence and learning how to practice healthy lifestyle choices.