Through fun physical activities and active play, complemented with balanced eating support and snacks, participants are engaged in life skills, communication, and social-emotional health discussions to encourage a life-long healthy lifestyle. Sessions are structured around four themes:
- Physical Activity
- Balanced Eating
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Communication Skills
Who can be a Mentor?
- Male, trans, and gender diverse individuals who are 18+.
- Inclusive and welcoming of Mentors of all sexual orientations.
- Reliability, consistency, dedication, and respectfulness of others.
What are the requirements?
- Can commit to two 8-week programs, over two school terms.
- Available to meet weekly for 90-minute sessions.
Who are the Little Buddies?
- Boys, trans, and gender diverse children and youth in grades 4-7.
- Will benefit from building self-confidence and learning how to practice healthy lifestyle choices.
For more information about enrolling your child in this program, please contact Loreen Kishor, Group Program Manager at Loreen.Kishor@bigbrothersbigsisters.ca, or via phone at 604-499-2336.
“Regardless of the time required, volunteering in Game On is a worthwhile commitment.”
Hear what it's like to volunteer as a GameOn! big buddy from one of our volunteers, Thanusan. He’s been involved in our short-term volunteering opportunity consistently for a few years now.
Click the link below to learn the 3 reasons why volunteering in GameOn! might be right for you.