Game On! is a group mentoring program that provides knowledge and support to children to help make informed choices about a range of healthy lifestyle practices. Through fun physical activities and active play, complemented with balanced eating support and snacks, participants are engaged in life skills, communication, and social-emotional health discussions to encourage a life-long healthy living.
Sessions are structured around four themes:
- Physical Activity
- Balanced Eating
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Communication Skills
Who can be a Volunteer-Mentor?
- Male, trans, and gender diverse individuals who are 18+.
- Inclusive and welcoming of Mentors of all sexual orientations.
- Reliability, consistency, dedication, and respectfulness of others.
What are the requirements?
- Commit up to two 8 to 10-week sessions, over two school terms. Our Game On! volunteers recommend enrolling in two consecutive terms as the best way to experience this fun group program.
- Available to meet once weekly for 90-minute sessions from Monday and Friday between 2:30pm and 4:30pm.
Our Game On! sessions run once a season for 8 to 10 weeks
- Summer: between July and August
- Autumn: between October and December
- Winter: between January and March
- Spring: between April and June
Who are the Little Buddies?
- Boys, trans, and gender diverse children and youth in grades 4-7.
- Youth who could benefit from building self-confidence and learning how to practice healthy lifestyle choices.
For more information about enrolling your child in this program, please contact Loreen Kishor, Group Program Manager at Loreen.Kishor@bigbrothersbigsisters.ca, or via phone at 604-499-2336.
Frequently Asked Questions
“Regardless of the time required, volunteering in Game On is a worthwhile commitment.”
Hear what it's like to volunteer as a GameOn! big buddy from one of our volunteers, Thanusan. He’s been involved in our short-term volunteering opportunity consistently for a few years now.
Click the link below to learn the 3 reasons why volunteering in GameOn! might be right for you.