Are you planning a social event? Are you a corporate leader looking for a fun and unique way to showcase your social responsibility or community support?
While they vary, third party events typically:
- Are initiated, organized and promoted by an outside party
- Benefit Big Brothers with full or partial proceeds
- Are managed and directed by the third party (Big Brothers staff and Volunteers are available as support only)
Thank you for your interest in supporting Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver (“BBGV”). Here are a few points that any individual, organization, or business (the “Fundraising Sponsor”) must consider ahead of time to assist with the planning of a successful fundraising event (the “Event”):
Some Things We Can Do (varies by event):
- Post an event listing on our online E-Newsletter. (Published bi-monthly)
- Promote the Event through social media.
- Provide BBGV posters, banner and brochures.
- Guide the Fundraising Sponsor with fundraising ideas.
- Approve the use of the BBGV’s name/logo in promotional materials for the Event. Note: Any use of the BBGV logo must be approved in writing prior to printing or publishing event materials (please refer to our Graphic Standards Guidelines on our website for more information).
- Provide a letter of endorsement for the Event once a completed Event Proposal Form has been received and approved by the Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver Foundation.
- Offer guidance with respect to licensing (i.e. gaming license) or insurance coverage that may be necessary for your event. Please refer to http://www.gaming.gov.bc.ca/licences/ for more information.
- Issue tax receipts according to Canada Revenue Agency rules and regulations where applicable.
Things We Cannot Do:
- Provide funding or reimbursement for event expenses.
- Provide access to our contact lists.
- Guarantee promotion or advertising of your event.
- Guarantee staff or Volunteer attendance at your event.
- Guarantee prizes and auction items for your event.
- Assist with corporate sponsorship or ticket sales.
Over the past few years, Big Brothers has benefited from the support of the following Third Party Events:
- Griffins Boxing and Fitness Gala Event
- Pitch n’ Putt Charity Event
- McGregor Hardware Distribution Golf Tournament
- ElectroDash Race
- Moksha Yoga “Grow Your Yoga Challenge”
Ready to Host?
If you’re ready to propose an event, please fill out the Third Party Event Proposal Form below. For more information, contact Shannon at 604.876.2447 x227 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information regarding tax receipts, click here
Thank you for your interest in supporting Big Brothers!