“I come back to work recharged, knowing that the friendship with my Little Buddy makes a huge difference in her life.” – Sherry, volunteer Big Buddy, Scotia McLeod
Did you know? 71% of Canadian companies accommodate and encourage employee volunteerism and philanthropy to build corporate culture.
Easy ways to support workplace volunteering:
- Accommodate volunteer time by allowing flexible hours or paid time off
- Make a corporate donation to recognize staff volunteer efforts to their charity of choice
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities including short-term, group, and daytime opportunities to suit employee schedules. We also have one-time volunteer opportunities that are suitable for group volunteering. Here are some ideas:
- Game On! is an 8-week group volunteer program that involves playing sports, indoor games, and leading friendly discussions about healthy living (talking points are provided).
- In-School Mentoring is perfect for workplace volunteering: a mentor spends just one hour a week with their mentee at a nearby elementary school. Activities include playing sports, doing arts and crafts, etc.
- Spend the day volunteering at our golf tournament or helping out with a project at the office. Occasionally, we have administrative projects suitable for group volunteering such as assembling arts and craft kits for children, packaging prizes and volunteer appreciation gifts, preparing newsletters etc. Contact us for more information.
Everyone benefits from stronger and safer communities. A corporate donation demonstrates to your employees and to the larger community that your company is committed to building a vibrant, healthy community for everyone to enjoy.
- Match an employee’s donation to their charity of choice
- Make a corporate donation to recognize staff volunteer efforts
- Designate proceeds of a new or seasonal product to Big Brothers. Learn more about how we can support your cause-related marketing.
Find more ideas of how to get involved in our Corporate Action Kit.