Check For Eligibility
- I am 18 years or older
- I have lived in the Greater Vancouver Area for a minimum of 6 months.
- I understand the application process can take up to approximately 2 months to complete. Once accepted as a Volunteer, being matched with a school with the Game On program can take several weeks, depending on the date, location, and other preferences.
- I can easily manage the time commitment in my schedule
- I will submit my Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sector form to my local Police/RCMP station as soon as possible, and if necessary will follow up with any concerns.
Submit An Application
- You may choose to apply online or you may contact our agency and we can send you an application in the mail or through email.
- After we receive your application form and all the requirements are met, we will provide you with a Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sector form.
Submit A Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sector
- You must submit your Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sector forms immediately as we require that you complete a new record check before we will consider you for an interview.
- As per our National Standards, we must receive a new Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sector form solely for our organization.
- Once we receive your Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sector form results and you meet our requirements, we will contact you to schedule a one-on-one interview. The interview lasts approximately one to two hours and consists of a series of questions related to your motivation, beliefs and values, interests and lifestyle, and family history.
- Please note that only those applicants that meet our requirements will be contacted for an interview. Contact will be made only after we receive your Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sector results.
- Your references are adults who have known you well for more than two years and who represent different facets of your life: your employer, a family member/significant other, personal references and someone who has witnessed you working (paid or voluntarily) with children.
- Training is a one time, 3.5 hour session at the Big Brothers office and is flexible depending on your schedule.
Start Your Program
- Based on your availability and location, you will be matched at a site and paired with one or two other mentors, with whom you will facilitate your weekly sessions.