Enrolling Your Son in the Program:
- Contact our Family Intake Coordinator, Hilda at 604.876.2447 x222 or Hilda.Sam@bigbrothersbigsisters.ca. At this time, she will ask a series of questions about your son to ensure he is eligible for the program. You should ask any questions you may have about Big Brothers or our application process.
- If he is a suitable candidate for the program, we will schedule you for an information session, where you will learn more about the program, meet other moms and have a chance to ask questions.
- Next, you and your son will go through a family assessment, which is an interview with one of our Mentoring Coordinators. You will be asked to complete our child safety training at this stage.
- Your son is then placed into our waitpool while we find a suitable Big Brother. During the waiting period, we will call you occasionally to discuss your son’s current situation, as we realize this may change over time.
- You’re welcome to contact us with any questions or updates you may have while waiting to be matched.
Referrals from other organizations are welcome. To refer a child to the program, please fill out our Family Inquiry Form or contact our Family Intake Coordinator, Hilda at 604.876.2447 x222 or Hilda.Sam@bigbrothersbigsisters.ca