Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver is truly grateful for the generous clothing and household donations we receive. It's a privilege to have caring donors like you show your support in this way, and we appreciate every single donation! We just ask that donors follow a few simple rules – more on that below. So thank you again for your generous donation; we couldn't do what we do without you.
Thank you, and happy donating!
For all other inquiries related to clothing donation, refer to our clothing donation page.
- All items must be placed in a bag (any kind of bag will work), or box labeled “BB.”
- Loose items and open boxes/bags pose a safety hazard for our drivers so please, please, tie bags up and tape boxes shut.
- Bags and boxes that are not labeled “BB” will not be picked up; there are many incoming boxes from Amazon and other online shopping sites often placed near or on top of donations and we do not want to make a mistake, so please mark each bag and box.
- This ensures a contactless pickup for both our drivers and donors and that nothing is picked up on accident
- Please place your donations outside of your home before 7:30 AM on your scheduled pick-up date.
- Items cannot be soiled or torn or unsafe
- Items must be suitable for resale
- Clothing for men, women, and children
- Accessories (belts, hats, scarves, mitts)
- Purses, backpacks, bags, and wallets
- Shoes and boots
- Towels and tablecloths
- Under garments, nylons, and socks
- Blankets, bedding, and pillows
- Curtains and linens
Small Household Items
- Housewares (dishes, cutlery, cookware)
- Toys, books, games, and video games
- Videos, records, CDs, and DVDs
- Tools (garden and otherwise)
- Small electrical appliances
- Phones, tablets, laptops
- Décor Items (frames, candle holders)
Not Acceptable Donations
- Any furniture
- Boats or Cars (motorized or otherwise)
- Baby equipment, mirrors
- Car parts
- Carpet, area rugs, window blinds
- Building materials or paints
- Console TVs, computer monitors, stereos, and full-size pianos
- BBQs and lawn mowers
- Large Appliances (stove, washer, etc.)
- Mattresses and box springs
- Encyclopedias & magazines