We understand that when you're looking to donate, you might have several questions regarding the process, what can be donated, how your donation will be used, and more.
To provide you with quick and easy answers, we've compiled a comprehensive FAQ page for the Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver's clothing donation initiative.
Whether you're a first-time donor or a long-time supporter, our FAQ page covers a wide range of topics, making it a one-stop resource for all your queries.
Our goal is to ensure a seamless donation experience, helping you make a difference in the most effective way possible,
For more information on our financial report, please click here.
How Our Clothing Donation Operation Provides Value
- Reduce energy and raw material consumption. It can take up to 700 gallons of water to make 1 new cotton t-shirt and up to 1,800 gallons of water to make 1 new pair of jeans. By donating your clothes to Big Brothers, you are helping to reduce the number of resources that are used to create clothing and giving the garment a new life.
- Keep material out of landfills
- Conserve natural resources
- The profit of your donation helps match children with mentors
- Provide affordable clothing locally via Value Village stores
- It is a convenient way for your family to get rid of gently used items. 1 in 3 people who do not donate used goods says that it's just easier to throw things out. With our easy online and phone booking systems as well as our collection of local donation bins, it's easier than ever to donate your used goods.
Even as a clothing donor, you can benefit from the cycle by holding your own clothing drive for Big Brothers Clothing Donation. Through our Partnership Program, community organizations receive partial profits and corporations solidify their socially responsible image.