Unlike many other non-profit organizations, Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver raises 80% of its operating revenues from non-government sources. Most of our funding is comprised of event revenue, proceeds from Big Brothers Clothing Donation, and grants. The balance comes from monetary donations from our generous sponsors.
With such a large portion of our funding coming from our clothing donation service, we are proud to say that clothing donation really does help our kids get matched with mentors. Click here to book a free pick-up date online today!
People often wonder why a volunteer-based organization needs funding at all. The reason is simple. Matching children with positive adult role models requires screening, training and monitoring. Given that our vision is to put a mentor in the life of every child who needs one, funding plays an ever important role in our success as well as the development of children in our community.
How Funding is Utilized
Whether it be a dollar gained through major fundraising events such as The Scotiabank Bowl for Big Brothers Classic, The B2Gold Big Brothers Golf Classic, a clothing donation or a gift from a supporter, we are committed to spending each dollar responsibly and with transparency.
Funding is Utilized for:
- Volunteer screening and training
- Monitoring friendships
- Volunteer recruitment
- Quality assurance
- New program development
- Marketing and fundraising initiatives
Fiscal Year-End July 2020
BBGV Financial Statements
- Program Delivery FY 2020 || Foundation FY 2020 || Clothing Donation FY 2020
- Program Delivery FY 2019 || Foundation FY 2019 || Clothing Donation FY 2019
- Program Delivery FY 2018 || Foundation FY 2018 || Clothing Donation FY 2018
- Program Delivery FY2017 || Foundation FY 2017 || Clothing Donation FY 2017
BBGV Charity Registration Number (BN) 106793722 RR0001